Hello and welcome to FordGuides.co.uk, You will require an account to use most of the sections of our forums.
You can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.
Use of our forums constitutes acceptance and agreement to our Forum Rules. If you violate the Rules, we reserve the right to terminate all accounts belonging to you without prior notice. We will, where applicable, advise users of inappropriate behaviour. However, flagrant and repeated violations of the Rules will result in an immediate ban. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time. These rules are not up for discussion on the board. You automatically agree to and accept these terms if you continue to visit/view/post on this board whether previous acceptance had been agreed or not.
FordGuides.co.uk reserves the right to update and alter the Rules at any time without prior warning or pre-given consent.
• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to all users of the forum
• Ensure the privacy of all visitors and users of the forum
• Comply with existing UK laws
• Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
• Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
As a member of our forum community, you must participate responsibly. If you have any questions regarding our Rules, please contact any of our forum moderators via Private Message.
Violations of the Rules
It is extremely important for you to understand that this section of our Rules isn’t designed to cover everything. We may take action — issue a warning, ban your account(s) and/or IP addresses, lower your post count, delete/edit your post(s)/thread(s), etc. — if your conduct at FordGuides.co.uk is counterproductive to the Rules.
Unauthorized access & Forum Security
The following actions are strictly prohibited:
• Accessing, or attempting to access, the accounts of other users
• Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes; whether they are disclosed or undisclosed
• Penetrating, or attempting to penetrate, security measures of FordGuides.co.uk's software or hardware, or electronic communications system.
All intrusions will subject all your forum accounts to immediate termination, regardless of whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption, loss, or theft of data.
Users are responsible for the security of their FordGuides.co.uk account. Users may not share their passwords or transfer – via any means – their account to others without the express permission of the FordGuides.co.uk Staff. In addition, users are responsible for all activity made by him/her or anyone the user allows to use his/her account.
Usernames must not be in violation of this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to terminate accounts whose associated usernames are in violation of this Code of Conduct, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate and/or potentially offensive. Users may be invited to register under a new name at our discretion.
Abusive comments/personal attacks towards anyone - staff, forum member, or a visitor who is likely to view it on the forums - is subject to the message being deleted and action taken against the user, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.
Unless a thread or forum is designated as an area ok for spamming, you may not spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Excessive off-topic threads
• Posting nonsensical messages
• “Flooding” the forum with similar meaning messages
• Post-Count farming
• Inciting a forum war or riot
• Outwar-style links
• Blatant advertising
• Messages without content
• Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
• Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)
We want to avoid spam generated by promotion teams, public-relations campaigns or any other traffic-hungry webmasters. So please note that our forums aren’t the place to advertise your own site or forums or sites with similar content to ours. FordGuides.co.uk Staff don’t visit your site and spam it with adverts, so we expect the same courtesy in return. You are NOT welcome to link your site in your signature.
If you are part of another Enthusiast or Owners Club and you want to link it as a relevant part of a discussion, please contact a moderator first and be honest if it’s your own site.
If you are part of a business or organisation, you will normally be able to make one thread about it, after consultation with a Staff Member via Private Message. Other business or organisation information should be sent to one of the site Staff for inclusion in the Traders section.
Any forum user who seems to have created their account solely to promote another site will be permanently banned.
Members are required to hold FordGuides.co.uk Subscribers membership before they can either put up a 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' thread. This is to be done in the Store. Standard members cannot access the Marketplace section.
Subscriber members are not permitted to post, list or link an advertisement for a "standard" forum member. However, Subscriber members may post, list or link items that belongs to a spouse, cohabitant or acquaintance NOT registered as a member of the club, OR a Subscriber member under permission to post on their behalf.
This safeguard is in place for the benefit of all members. If any of the staff feel you have abused this rule through "spamming" (See definition above) OR posting listings for those not falling into the "categories" mentioned above, we have the right to remove your listing. Anyone blatently posting such topics outside of the Marketplace section to avoid this rule may be moderated by which your post-count may be reset or to ban you from the community.
All For Sale threads must contain:
- At least one image of the product
- A price you are selling the item for
- Information of postage or a location for pickup
Forgery or impersonation
Attempting to impersonate any person, including staff, using forged headers, instant messenger names, similar usernames in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited.
You may not use profanity or bypass the software-based censor. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks and slang may be considered profane when used in certain contexts.
A word about what is considered to be bypassing the software-based censor: Anything done to avoid the default *'s provided by the censor is considered to be a bypass of the censor. For example, if the word “tractor” was in the censor (it is not), then all of the following are considered a bypass of the censor and thus in violation of the Rules:
• tract0r, 7rac7or
• tractôr, träctor
• t r a c t o r
You may not use terms or audio/visual materials referring to ethnic/national origin, ideological/religious beliefs, gender, or sexual preference in a demeaning context.
We have no tolerance for discrimination. You are in violation of this rule if the nature of your post discriminates, promotes hate, promotes violence or advocates hatred or discrimination against individuals, groups, races, cultures or organizations because of their ethnic/national origin, skin colour or culture.
If you use any terms in an offensive context against a person, race, culture, group or organization, as determined by our moderators, you are in violation of this rule.
Please note that words carry different meanings in different cultures, and that while a word may be acceptable use in one part of the world, it may not be in another. In addition, anyone can invent their own derogatory terms, unfortunately. Because of those factors, we will evaluate the context in which the term was used to determine whether a violation has occurred.
Pornography & Sexually Offensive Materials
You may not post or link to pornography or sexually offensive materials. If you are unsure whether what you wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting.
Offensive Images / Shock Sites
You may not post or link to shock sites, or any such excessively obscene material. If you are unsure whether what you wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting. Blatant violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban on your account.
• You may not post any form of real life information of a user unless the user has first permitted it by express consent. Examples of real life information include name, address, IP addresses, and phone numbers.
• You may not distribute any form of real life information, email address, private/email Messages, and Instant Messenger messages (“Chatlogs”) with intent to harass or in any demeaning manner as determined by a moderator, regardless of consent.
• You may not disclose a user's unpublicized email address unless the user has first permitted it, either by actual consent or previously releasing said information.
Signatures, whether facilitated by the forum software or by the user, may not exceed the following restrictions:
• The signature cannot contain links, except if you are a Subscriber member, Official Trader or Staff Member
• Signature images may not be larger than 100 pixels high, 500 pixels wide.
• Signature images must be hosted on an external source
• The signature must not violate any part of these Rules
• You may not harvest email addresses from our forums for any purpose
• You are required to keep your forum account's email address up-to-date. If a warning sent to the email address on record bounces, your account will be banned and you will have to fill out an Unban Request Form to have your account unbanned
Moderation & Bans
• You may not evade a ban. Doing so will drastically lengthen your ban. If you believe your actions were not in violation of these Rules, you can appeal your ban by contacting us through email@example.com.
• You may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators
• You may not re-edit a message that has been edited by a moderator
• You may not post a message on behalf of a banned forum user.
• Do not post negative posts and discussions that are repeated over and over with no other purpose than to disrupt conversation. If you feel the need to say something, say it once and then move on. Do not disrupt multiple threads in order to get your view out.
• You may not bait/troll users. Bait / Trolling is defined as posting with a clear intent to provoke anger, incendiary posts, and behaviour that results in other users violating these Rules.
• You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a Staff member. Staff members have to follow the same rules, and should you have a problem with a certain Staff member, please contact another member of Staff.
• You may not post graphically-disturbing images as inline images (such that the images are displayed when users view your post). However, you can link to the images with a warning stating that the images are graphically disturbing, provided the images do not contain content that would otherwise not be allowed by another Rule
• You may not post in a manner that is harmful to FordGuides.co.uk. For example, “FordGuides.co.uk forums suck. Go here!” or posting confidential FordGuides.co.uk documents. If you do, the post will be deleted and you will be banned.
• You may not register multiple accounts with intent to violate any part of these Rules.
• You may not link to the forum logout page, disguised or not.
Rules are subject to change at any time. You agree to these changes by continuing to access the club after the changes have been implemented. You may not be pre-warned of the changes so please keep an eye on the "News, Announcements and Updates” section for notifications.
Web Server/Website Terms and Conditions
Copyright © “2008-2012” “Fiesta MK4 Owners Club”
Copyright © “2012-Present” “FordGuides.co.uk”
(1) Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by FordGuides.co.uk, unless otherwise stated.
(2) Copyright licence
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
(i) View this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
(ii) Copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
(iii) Print pages from this website for your own, personal and non-commercial, use.
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without our prior written permission.
(3) Data mining
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(6) Enforcement of copyright
We take the protection of our copyright very seriously.
If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of our copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the licence above, please report this by email to email@example.com.
(6) Infringing material
If you become aware of any material on our website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.