Welcome to

Hello and welcome to FordGuides.co.uk, You will require an account to use most of the sections of our forums.

You can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.

Photo

Keyless Ford Focus

Lost or taken car lol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bazzer44

Bazzer44
  • Forum Users
  • 3 posts
  • Name:Barrie Jay
  • Drives:Ford Focus Titanium

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:57 pm

Ford Focus
Hi Everyone
I am a new member and somewhat apprehensive
More than once I have left my keyless Focus inadvertently running,despite key being in my pocket some distance away
The Ford Dealer says oh yes that how it work,his story went on to relate the instance of a woman getting in her car, her caring husband got it out for her,kept the key in his pocket
Poor lady drove from Leeds to Liverpool,turned it off,hey presto she cannot restart it in Liverpool with key in Leeds
Surely that should not happen,once the key is out of range of the car it should stop,is there a fix for this from Ford?
Regards
Bazzer

#2 Greg1.4

Greg1.4

Regular Users

• Promotion Manager
  • 951 posts
  • Drives:fiesta si

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:56 pm

Hello and welcome, to be honest I think the best people to talk to are your local ford dealer, sorry I cant be any more help than that.

#3 trecoll

trecoll
  • Administrators
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:43 am

The dealer are correct on this I'm afraid. This is how it's designed and there isn't a 'fix'.

Not sure why, although I've never left my car running, so I'm sure it'll become habitual soon enough.

#4 Bazzer44

Bazzer44
  • Forum Users
  • 3 posts
  • Name:Barrie Jay
  • Drives:Ford Focus Titanium

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:12 am

Rob
Thanks for that,must confess to being surprised,thought the stop start might stop the car similar to at traffic lights
Wonder how the insurance works if stolen in these circumstances,you aint left the keys in the car
Regards
Bazzer

#5 trecoll

trecoll
  • Administrators
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:14 am

Ah you have start/stop! I'm sure that makes it a lot easier to leave it running!

Insurance will look for any reason, if you've left it running/unlocked I'm sure that'll be good enough these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users